Thursday, February 12, 2009
WHY A CONSTITUTIONAL MONARCHY?
1. It is Our Culture:
• It is inherent in our religion: God is King of the Kingdom of Heaven, not President, Prime Minister or Premier. How can an Orthodox Christian people be otherwise?
• The Russian Culture is built for strong leaders and rulers. Unlike Western republics with weak beurrocratic leadership, we the Russian people are at our best under strong leadership.
• Since the beginning of time, we have had one central leader, be he Prince, Tsar or Emperor. It is what our culture has evolved for. Unlike the many Republics of the New World, we have a two thousand year history of monarchy.
• Monarchy has preserved us in the face of many peoples who wished us death. Now that we are without a monarch, we find ourselves at the mercy of foreigners. Only with a strong Monarch can we once again rise to command the politics of Europe.
2. Monarchy Equals Stability
• Only a Monarch, above political parties can unite our diverse ethnic peoples, into one nation, as a father figure. Politicians, including all presidents and prime ministers, gain their power from dividing the people into small groups of electorates. For that reason, a politician’s first loyalty is not to the nation as a whole, but to his electorate and financiers.
• Monarchs build on their predecessor’s work. A monarch looks to the long term. He builds upon the foundation set by his predecessor and has a lifetime to achieve his goals, often the direct continuation of his predecessor. Presidents serving short terms look only to the short term and are under pressure to make their mark, usually in opposition to their predecessor.
• Monarchs are a link to the past. As technology and the world changes faster and faster, the monarchy provides a link to the past and the stability needed for Our culture to survive Western attempts to destroy it and US.
3. Monarchies are More Democratic
• Constitutional Monarchy Guaranties the Freedom of the People and the upholding of the Constitution. Politicians, no matter their creed, all want more and more power and greater control of people’s lives. The Monarch, above petty politics, is the guarenteer of the Constitution and also Its Prime Protector.
• Monarchs are above corruption. Politicians and presidents are elected. Elections require much money. Those donating the money then own the politicians. Because of their corruption, special interests take control. Monarch is for life, he is the Father of the Rodina, and thus he is above bribes.
• Monarchs Prevent Dictatorships. Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mussolini could not have come to power if their countries had retained their monarchs. Demagogues and dictators are powerless in the face of strong monarchs. Monarchs are interested in the strong survival of their nations as a whole, genocide is counter productive.
• Only Monarchs can control the huge transnational corporations that care little for their workers and regularly bribe government officials, spreading corruption.
4. Monarchies are Ordained by God
* Just as the Father looks over Creation and Christ is the one True King of Kings and Lord of Israel, a Monarch is ordained by God as His Servant. God, Christ, is not elected as King of Kings, why should the leaders be?