Thursday, November 26, 2015
How the New Ottoman Turkey Committed Suicide
The date of 24 Nov 2015 will go down as the day that Sultan Erdegon committed economic suicide by sidewinder missile.
By shooting down, by murdering through backstabbing a Russian shtormovik fighting ISIS, Erdegon has cut Turkey's collective throat. Be it through an agreement with the US (in which case he has been thrown under the bus) or through his or his son's initiative as revenge for loss of ISIS oil revenue and then attempt to pull NATO into a war against Russia (in which case he has been thrown under the bus), Turkey's economic fortunes just died.
No one single act could have planted a bullet better. As I warned in my article "Nobody Moves or the Turk Gets It", loosing Russia is the end.
1. Tourism: $10 billion from Russian tourists. GONE. Within one day all tour agencies cancelled their Turkish vacations and realigned them to Thailand, Malaysia and Israel. Russians are almost 40% of the tourists....or rather were.
2. Turkish businesses in Russia, holding up to 40% of the construction industry and many imports: will soon be gone. Within the next couple of days, the Duma will ban all Turkish companies.
3. Gas: gone, soon to be cut. Turkey gets almost all its gas from Russia, as well as most of its legal oil and coal. With this the Turkish South Stream will be shut down so future transit fees are also gone. No energy, no economy.
4. Fruit imports, something that almost a third of Turkish farmers are set on, GONE: and Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Egypt, and Israel are all fighting to take the market.
5. Nuclear power plant that Russia was building at its own investment expense: Gone.
Add to this the now massive demand from the Russian parliament to arm the oppressed Kurds, who make up 30% of the Turkish population. Turkey is facing a full civil war.
So now its time to pay and the Turks, who violate Greek airspace at least 10 times a day have set the precedent: the Greeks can shoot then down and even fly into Turkish airspace, as the backstabbing Turks did into Syrian, to do it.
Turkey is dying and its only choice now is to go all out war. The question is, will the Greeks, Bulgars and Romanians happily go to their extermination on the Russian plains when NATO joins the Turkish war?